|Exhibitions Menu | Events Calendar | Art Bus Tours | Directions & Maps|
Solo Shows and Installations
Top row: Roxanna Kantarjian, Anne Kelly, Pamela Allen, Kelly Thompson, Ellen Weisbord.
The Corridor Galleries
Queen Elizabeth Park Community
and Cultural Centre
Main Festival Venue
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Sat. Oct 29 – Sun. Nov 27, 2016
Opening Reception: Sat. Oct 29, 2016 2 – 4 pm
Address: Queen Elizabeth Park
and Cultural Centre,
2302 Bridge Road,
Closest Intersection: Bridge Road & Third Line
Directions: Click Here
With this exhibit, we enter a world where variety, innovation and a sustained vision have the upper hand. Featuring the work of 26 artists from very different aesthetic and cultural traditions, Solo Shows & Installations promises to be the festival’s largest exhibit.
This is the second time the curators Gareth Bate and Dawne Rudman have focused on showing entire bodies of work in the festival. Most artists are showing either sections of bodies of work, or an entire body of work. There are a few artists with single works and at least 4 large-scale installations.
The Corridor Galleries at our main festival venue Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre provide an huge array of exhibition space. The work will be shown all over the building. Be sure not to miss the Gallery show Cosmic Geometry.
- Canada: British Columbia: Maple Ridge: Gloria Currie Stanley, Nelson: Jane Merks, New Brunswick: Moncton: Marjolaine Bourgeois, Ontario: Ancaster: Hana Pinthus Rotchild, Guelph: Marilyn Clarke, Holland Landing: Line Dufour, Kingston: Pamela Allen, Richmond Hill: Melanie Siegel, Thunder Bay: Marianne Kyryluk, Toronto: Catherine Heard, Roxanna Kantarjian, Sung Ja Kim Chisholm, Quebec: Montreal: Kelly Thompson.
- Israel: Tel-Aviv: Belle Shafir.
- New Zealand: Taranaki: Opunake: Viv Davy.
- Norway: Oslo: Kristin Sæterdal.
- UK: Channel Islands, Guernsey: Susan Hotchkis, County Durham: Durham: Frances Keay, Kent: Tunbridge Wells: Anne Kelly, Shropshire: Shrewsbury: Lindsey Marshall.
- USA: Arizona: Tempe: Carol Eckert, New Jersey: South Orange: Ellen Weisbord, Weehawken: Katia Bulbenko, New York: Westport: Cynthia Schira, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia: Gerri Spilka, Virginia: Arlington: Olivia Tripp Morrow.
The Corridor Galleries at Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre
Oakville's wonderful cultural centre which opened in 2012 and hosted the Myth Making and Variegated Threads exhibitions for Festival 2012. The exhibition space was considerably expanded and for Festival 2014 we had displays throughout this entire large venue. Festival 2016 will again be showing throughout the building. Be sure not to miss the Gallery show and the other group shows in the Display Area and Corridor Galleries.
Gallery Liaisons: Tonia Di Risio and Dianne Pearce.
Some of the Corridor Galleries at Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre in Oakville, Ontario.